This Ultimate Cash Back card is a good fit for anyone who wants the opportunity to earn significant cash back rewards as well as enjoy a 0% APR on purchase for the first 14 months of card ownership. For additional peace-of-mind, it also ranked as the top card for customer satisfaction, according to J.D. Power’s 2018 credit card satisfaction study. The best part is about this card is that it is available to those with average to excellent credit, which is usually a credit score of 670 or higher.
The Ultimate Cash Back card rewards start with 5% cash back (up to the quarterly max – currently $1,500 – then 1% back) in rotating quarterly categories and a standard 1% cash back on all other purchases. Categories for 2018 include gas stations and wholesale clubs from January to March, grocery stores from April to June, restaurants from July to September as well as Amazon.com and wholesale clubs from October to December. You do need to sign up for the 5% back each quarter, but it offers free automatic reminder emails (just make sure to register for them in your online account) to help keep you on track.
In addition, Ultimate Cash Back card users will earn double the cash back they’ve earned in their first year of card ownership. That’s a big deal! You will literally get 2x the cash back you earned in the first year. That means if you earn $250 in your first year, they will double it to $500. If you do the math it’s like getting 10% cash back in rotating categories the first year you have the card!
Card perks include a free TransUnion FICO® Score on your monthly statement, which can help keep track of your credit over time. In addition, if you’ve been known to be late on your monthly payment from time-to-time you’ll appreciate that paying late won’t raise your APR, and that there’s no late fee for your first late payment. And globetrotters will enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
Also included is the ability for users to “freeze” their account from a smartphone or computer if their card is misplaced. Freezing the account prevents new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers from occurring. This is a great feature, especially in those situations where you’re not sure where your card is but you’re not quite ready to call and have it cancelled. On top of this feature, this Ultimate Cash Back card is providing free identity theft protection alerts, which can help protect cardholders from identity theft and fraud. The protection includes the monitoring of dangerous websites for personal information, and also guarding against any new accounts (credit card, mortgage, etc) being opened in your name. If any of these things happen you will receive an alert via email and/or text.
Overall this Ultimate Cash Back card is a smart pick for anyone wishing to combine generous cash back rewards (2x cash back in the first year!) with a 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers. It is also a good card for travelers as it has no foreign transactions fees.
- This Ultimate Cash Back card will automatically double all the cash back you’ve earned at the end of your first year. This offer is only for new card members.
- Earn 5% cash back in rotating categories each quarter up to the quarterly maximum (currently $1,500) each time you activate.
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, with no limit on how much you can earn.
- Earn 5% to 15% Cash back Bonus through exclusive online shopping mall.
- Rewards are redeemable in any amount at any time.
- Deposit into your bank account or credit your Ultimate Cash Back card card account.
- Pay for your Amazon.com purchases with cash back rewards. $1 cash back = $1 at checkout.
- Turn your cash rewards into more when you redeem with Apple Pay or for gift cards or eCertificates from over 100 brand-name Partners.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None.
- Purchase APR: 0% for 14 months, then 13.74% – 24.74% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 14 months, then 13.74% – 24.74% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer.
- Terms and Conditions
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airline, or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.